Why Food Storage and the like

FOOD STORAGE BASICS AND BEYOND!

This blog comes to help us all deal with FS questions and to build up from a starting place & build a more complete and full FS & how to be more Self Reliant. Let us all get Prepared & ready for anything that may come our way. You never know when Mother Nature, Man Made Disaster or Money Problems may come and you would need your FS to get you through! I will talk about Emergency Preparedness also!

Food Storage, Emergency Preparedness, Other tips and Ideas. Let me help you get ready for what ever may come!

I started Food Storage over 15 years ago. I have taught many classes and been a speaker and helped many people over the years. This is a place where I can state things or address issues I want to cover.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Make ice

This is something everyone can do to prepare make some ice and bag it up. Now if you have an automatic ice maker in your freezer, just bag up a bag of ice each day or every other day. If you have to make your own ice in ice trays, make a batch up, put into bags everyday.

Why bag up ice? You can always use the ice for ice chests for game days, ice for injuries, extra for drinks. The best reason you would want to bag up ice is for emergencies. If the power goes out you have ice to keep your food cold in ice chests.

You never know when you will need extra ice. In an emergency you can not go out and buy ice. Ice runs out first thing. On hot days there is generally no ice to be found or bought even when not an emergency. Every time I go to the store I see the ice bins empty, and a bag of ice is over two dollars a bag.

I can bag up my own ice for free. Fill your freezer with extra bags of ice. If you need room for food, take out a bag of ice.

Just a thought! 

No comments:

Post a Comment