What to do for a Hurricane WATCH.
Here is a list of things to do when there is a Hurricane Watch issued for your area.
1. Fill up your car with gas.
2. Secure buildings. Have Materials for protecting windows and doors. Have shutters or lumber ready to protect large windows and doors. Be sure to include the needed hardware and tools to securely cover windows and doors.
3. Review evacuation plan.
4. Listen to a radio or television for official instructions.
5. Check your family's emergency supplies.
6. Bring in outdoor objects (i.e. toys, garden tools).
7. Turn refrigerator and freezer to coldest settings.
8. Secure outdoor objects which cannot be brought inside (i.e. boats, lawnmower).
9. Store drinking water in clean bathtubs, jugs, bottles, and cooking utensils
10. Have non perishable food, that you can prepared with out cooking and need no refrigeration.
11. Make ice in your freezer for coolers. You will need a lot of ice and there will be little to no ice available to buy right before or especially right after a hurricane!
12. Start prepping food to eat for the Hurricane. If you staying plan on pre cooking food before the storm hit. If you are evacuating, pre make food to take with you. As always take precautions for food safety and food borne illness. Keep things cold enough in coolers! Lots of ice!
As always these are suggestions. You need to make your own choices and make your own plan. You need to decide what to do for yourself and your own family. No one can tell you how to prepare. You choose to do what is best for you!