Why Food Storage and the like

FOOD STORAGE BASICS AND BEYOND!

This blog comes to help us all deal with FS questions and to build up from a starting place & build a more complete and full FS & how to be more Self Reliant. Let us all get Prepared & ready for anything that may come our way. You never know when Mother Nature, Man Made Disaster or Money Problems may come and you would need your FS to get you through! I will talk about Emergency Preparedness also!

Food Storage, Emergency Preparedness, Other tips and Ideas. Let me help you get ready for what ever may come!

I started Food Storage over 15 years ago. I have taught many classes and been a speaker and helped many people over the years. This is a place where I can state things or address issues I want to cover.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Laundry Tips, homemade laundry soap

So we all have to do laundry. This is one thing everyone has to do, as with doing dishes. It is a never ending battle. Just after you get the laundry done, another load is waiting since you have to wear clothes everyday.
I have been trying out the best way to get clean laundry. Since we have moved to a hotter area with lots of humidity, my husband will come with sweat filled clothes. Trying to get out the perspiration, dirt and grim can be hard at times.

I use tide, borax and Pinesol on almost all my loads. But I needed a pre-treatment that did not cost a lot of money.

I found Fels-Naptha at the store yesterday. I paid maybe a dollar for it. Brought it home and have been researching it this morning and finding tips and other fun stuff about it and other things. I also bought some Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda. 



Here are some links for the Tips and websites I found. There is a site that has many make your own laundry detergent. Great all in one resource.

http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/

Here is another blog about the Fels-Naptha http://www.mnn.com/your-home/at-home/blogs/back-to-basics-fels-naptha

I will be trying out the Fels-Naptha this next week. I hope it works.

I was also looking to add laundry soap to my Food Storage. Since I already buy many of the things needed to make your own. I will be trying a few of the recipes and see what works for me. I now have a front loader washer that does not take as much water, or as much soap to run a load. This may be something I may do on a regular basis.

Now most people wash their clothes to much. We all wear under shirts, tank tops etc under our top shirt. So unless you are really dirty you can wear your shirt another day at least around the house. Pants unless dirty, meaning covered in dirt, grease, mud, sweat, etc can be worn more than one time! Of course your under clothes need to be washed after each use. Same goes for socks.
Sweaters, sweat shirts, etc can have multiple wearings. Have kids come home and change into play clothes they can wear more than once after school or going out in public. I even do this. I wear clothes out and about, come home and change into house clothes.



No comments:

Post a Comment