The best way to save money is not to waste anything!
- Don't use more water than you need (saving you the cost of the water and the heating of it). Turn the water off, fix leaky faucets, take quick showers, do only full loads of dishes and laundry.
- Don't waste food. For everything you throw out you are throwing dollars out the door. Use up left overs, or simply to not make too much food to be put in the fridge and left to be forgotten. Buy what you eat and eat what you store. Rotate your food, and nothing goes to waste.
- Don't run your car longer than it needs to be run (wasting gas). While waiting to pick someone up, do not just sit in the car with it running. Turn it off and wait. Most cars do not "need" to warm up before you drive other than a minute or two. No need to let it run for 5 or ten minutes to "warm" up. wear a coat if it is cold out!
- Do only full loads of clothes and if you use dryer sheets cut them into thirds. They still work the same but you save money. You can even make your own fabric softener for pennies. ( recipe to follow in another post)
- Same with laundry soap. Don't use more than you need and if you have to wash a smaller load of clothes adjust your water level and your soap amount. again make your own for pennies (recipe to follow in another post)
- Don't overfeed your pets. Don't overfeed yourself either. Follow your Vets advise on how much to feed Fido and Fluffy. Cut back on the treats too. Cut the treats in to pieces if you give treats. Dogs do not care how much they get, only that they are getting something.
- Turn out lights not being used and turn off tv's and stereos not being used. Turn off ceiling fans, and unplug appliances that you do not use that often.