Why Food Storage and the like

FOOD STORAGE BASICS AND BEYOND!

This blog comes to help us all deal with FS questions and to build up from a starting place & build a more complete and full FS & how to be more Self Reliant. Let us all get Prepared & ready for anything that may come our way. You never know when Mother Nature, Man Made Disaster or Money Problems may come and you would need your FS to get you through! I will talk about Emergency Preparedness also!

Food Storage, Emergency Preparedness, Other tips and Ideas. Let me help you get ready for what ever may come!

I started Food Storage over 15 years ago. I have taught many classes and been a speaker and helped many people over the years. This is a place where I can state things or address issues I want to cover.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Frugal Living Tip July 2011

Frugal Living tip July 2011

 Befriend the Library: Buying books and movies gets expensive, and even renting can add up. Take a trip to your local library; and you'll find all of the latest books and movies available free of charge.  A lot of libraries' have family time and reading activities during the summer months for kids and for families. Go to your local library and see what they have to offer. It is free entertainment and it helps break up the summer days and gives kids and adults something to do.

If you have a Kindle, you can down load free books to your Kindle.
You can now have the Kindle app on your smart phones and even on your computer! There are many free books to choose from. Browse, click and download! There are many classics to choose from.

I have the kindle app on my phone and I have it on my Laptop, so I always have something fun to read. I have a lot of the classics downloaded and ready at my fingers tips at any time.

More and More people are using Hulu and Netflix. Hulu is free and you can watch TV shows and some movies for  free on your computer . Then of course you can add the Hulu plus and be  charged a monthly fee and watch them on your TV and have more things you can watch.  I just use the fee version of this and it works out great for me.

Now about Netflix, they have many TV shows for the whole family and movies to suit any taste all instantly on your computer. If you have a gaming system or a newer TV that allows you to access the Netflix server you can watch it on your TV.  Of course Netflix there is a monthly charge, but for the basic with no DVDs mailed it is under 10.00 a month, cheap entertainment! We watch Netflix almost every night. This is our entertainment and they add new things to watch all the time.

*** I do not work for nor am I promoting any of these services or companies. I do use these personally for me and my family*** it works for me, does not mean it will work for you!But of course in order to access these you have to the internet. 

Share books and movies with friends and family members. Borrow from them, and have them borrow from you. Just keep track of who has borrowed what and when and be sure to return things to the right owner and be sure to get what you have loaned out returned to you.

There are many stories and things to do online. Find coloring pages, stories and such and print them off for the kids. You can make a themed activity book. For example the "Ant and the Grasshopper" Print off the story. Find them pictures of ants, grasshoppers, corn, seeds, etc and make an activity book for the kids. At the end of the book add your pictures of food storage, or pictures of food storage to color in and a little story why we store food also. This only costs some time, and paper and ink, and an old notebook and such. Kids can have fun and learn something also at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment